The calibre of the students within the Reliable Income community is incredibly high. There isn’t a typical student profile, however here are some examples of the types of students who we are fortunate enough to have within the Reliable Income Academy:
- Professional / Semi-Professional – these time-poor career professionals are looking for a side-income which will grow to full time income in the future (their ultimate driver is to transition away from the 9-5 rat race). They want to ‘get ahead’ in life financially but have realised that the traditional ways (property, shares etc.) have their own limitations i.e. expensive, slow and heavy exposure to a single asset class with very limited portfolio diversification. They’ve also experienced the realities of ‘climbing the corporate ladder’ and living with a mortgage for 10-15 years, all in conjunction with escalating cost-of-living expenses. They are also wanting to live-life a little on their terms e.g. travel & other life-experiences
- Business Owners & Entrepreneurs – these self-employed students have faced the numerous challenges of running a traditional bricks & mortar business (staff, cash flow problems, eroding profit margins, debtors etc.). They are also concerned that they won’t be able to sell their business at retirement, so they need to plan for an income from another source for when they want to exit. An Amazon business is attractive as it allows them to be employee-free, location-free and able to do business anywhere in the world while they travel with their young families.
- Property Investors – these students want to supplement their property income and improve their cash flow so as to be able to grow their real estate portfolio whilst maintaining their lifestyle. They are often asset-rich but cash-poor and recognize the valuable role ‘digital assets’ can play in generating real cash flow on a recurring and reliable basis.
- Stay-at-Home Parents – these students want to provide their children with quality education and memorable life experiences. This means that they want to contribute financially while still running a household…a challenge in anyone’s books. They are also keen to engage in the commercial world again (they’ve been so dedicated to raising the children that it can feel a little daunting to know where to head and exactly how to get back into commercial society). These students often have a ‘sense of business’ as they are often doing the books and all the administrative functions of running a business…this means they already have many of the skills that will make them a very successful Amazon seller. Finally, having an Amazon business gives them a genuine opportunity to launch and build ‘their own brand’. In turn this fulfils on a deeper, personal level than simply being a purely financial investment.
- Existing Product Owners – these students see the tremendous upside of expanding their existing product range on to the Amazon marketplace.
- Aspiring Affluent - these students desire to live in affluent, lifestyle-locations but to do so they need supplemental income to support this way of life.
- Digital Nomads - these students are seeking a location-free, reliable income but to do so they need supplemental income to support this way of life.
From a socio-demographic perspective our students are typically 35-55 years old, well educated and have a $100Kpa+ household income. They are typically looking for a legitimate and scalable way to make reliable supplemental income - all without jeopardising their current way of life or commitments. Many have a professional backgrounds e.g. senior accountants, mechanical engineers, retail managers, architects, commercial pilots, senior executives of public companies, experienced eBay sellers, business owners & entrepreneurs, successful property investors & developers...the list goes on.