If you are having difficulties viewing or playing any of the Reliable Education videos it is likely to be local settings on your router, browser or device that are preventing our videos from playing correctly.
You do not require any special software to play our videos.
The Reliable Income platform and our video delivery service (Vimeo) are hosted on tier-1 servers. Since launching, this system has successfully delivered tens of thousands of video views.
The browsers that are supported by Vimeo are: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Internet Explorer.
***we do not recommend using Internet Explorer***
Whichever browser you prefer, please use the most up-to-date version available to ensure that everything on the site works smoothly
Before asking our tech-support team to investigate your video play issues, we ask that you do each of the following steps first:
- Try viewing on either an incognito browser page or private Window.
- Re-boot the computer / mobile device you are having the issues with. Re-attempt to play video.
- Re-boot your Wi-Fi internet router. Re-attempt to play video.
- Use a different internet browser as noted above...most students use Google Chrome as their browser and find that works without issue. Re-attempt to play video.
- Make sure you are using the latest version on your browser/device.
- Clear your cache / internet browsing history. Re-attempt to play video.
- Play other 3rd party videos using that device / browser to confirm if they are streaming ok.
- Play that video on a different computer / mobile device within your home. Re-attempt to play video.
- Confirm you have no overactive firewalls / anti-virus software / local security settings / local browser settings.
- Confirm you aren't attempting to access via a public Wi-Fi, such as a local café.
- Confirm your internet speed with a real-time testing service like speedtest.net.
- Confirm with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) that you have not exceeded your download data limit for the month and/or that you are on a limited band-width monthly package.
***in 99% of cases one of the actions above will resolve this issue for you locally***
Our videos are hosted on Vimeo, a tier-1 video hosting platform (and we have a paid subscription to it). You can check their uptime / server status to ensure there's no live reported down-time issues.
Vimeo also provides a comprehensive FAQ for video playback issues:
If, after doing all of the above steps, you still can’t view or play some of our videos just reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our tech team will be happy to investigate further.
We will need to know some tech information so please provide your device type / model, browser type/version, your Internet Service Provider and the email / link / video you are having challenges with.
Rest assured we'll find a solution for you.